“Ginger keeps us warm. Curcuma is good for stamina. Turmeric is good for digestion, so it can be consumed for weight loss. It is also good to increase the blood flow during menstruation,” Supriyanto said.The village’s fame drew the attention of Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo, who stopped by for a visit on Saturday morning, using the opportunity to see the jamu-making process. Ganjar himself tried Jamu Corona and said that it tasted good.“This is delicious! And it’s good for your health, too. It’s not a cure for novel coronavirus, but it can help protect you against the virus,” he said.Ganjar also told the people of Wonolopo Jamu village to protect themselves and their families against the outbreak.“Keep your distance from each other. Wear a face mask immediately if you feel sick. Don’t forget to wash your hands with soap as often as possible,” he said. As of Sunday morning, Indonesia has reported 450 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 38 deaths. (dpk)Topics : Titi, a 60-year-old jamu brewer, explained that the drink was a mixture of brewed ginger, curcuma, turmeric and lemongrass, which she said would increase one’s stamina as well as boost the immune system.“Drink jamu routinely and exercise. Your body will be healthy and it won’t be easily attacked by viruses,” Titi said on Saturday. Another jamu maker, Supriyanto, told The Jakarta Post the benefits of each ingredient. Makers of jamu (herbal medicine) in the Wonolopo jamu village in Semarang, Central Java, have started producing a drink they claim can provide protection against COVID-19.The drink, called Jamu Corona, was concocted based on doctors’ suggestions for herbal recipes that can help strengthen the body’s immune system against viruses, they said.
‘Passport Expiration Scandal should be an eye opener for Immigration Officials’ – Police PRO Weekes’
Sharing is caring! Share Tweet 13 Views no discussions Share In photo: Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector Claude Weekes. Photo credit: GIS NewsA top Police official has defended critics who claim that the Immigration Department here gave unreasonable treatment to a Guadeloupe national.Last week one french lady was held in Police custody after she entered the country with an expired identification card and European passport.Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector Claude Weekes said just like all other countries, Dominica will take a stand in ensuring that all persons who seek to break the country’s laws are dealt with professionally and within the constitution.‘We are talking here about documents that are four and five months old. The lady was placed in the Police cell to wait on the next boat out of the country. I think that she was dealt with within the laws’, said Weekes.Although the public criticized the manner in which the French national was dealt with, Inspector Weekes said that he is confident that the Immigration officials followed the procedures as outlined by the Immigration Department.Weekes says this incident now calls for swift action by the persons in the ferry service to pay more attention to matters like that, since they should have recognized that the documents were not valid when purchasing the ticket.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews ‘Passport Expiration Scandal should be an eye opener for Immigration Officials’ – Police PRO Weekes’ by: – July 22, 2011 Share
The Batesville JV game at New Castle on Saturday (4-5) has been canceled.At this time, the Varsity DH is still on.Submitted by Batesville AD Mark Ferguson.
The DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) recently arrested Tony Bosch, the founder of the biogenesis lab that provided steroids and other growth hormones for major league baseball players. The main athlete caught in this investigation was A-Rod of the New York Yankees. According to the newspaper and television reports, Bosch is going to cooperate with MLB and release all information he reportedly has pertaining to those athletes who used products his lab produced.Unfortunately, this saga of illegal substance use by athletes just won’t go away. Most baseball fans are now wondering what other names Bosch may release to the DEA authorities. As you know, A-Rod has been suspended for this entire baseball season and several other high-profile athletes have already served their suspensions. The biggest concern that I have is that some of our younger athletes are now trying these additives. Doctors are concerned about how a young developing body will respond to these substances. Bosch is not even a medically trained individual, just a businessman who found a way to make a lot of money quickly. If there are others like him out there, who knows what they are putting in athletes’ bodies.
Stoke have confirmed that winger Jermaine Pennant has signed a new one-year deal with the club. The Potters had announced earlier this month that, with his contract coming to an end, Pennant would be leaving them this summer. But the 30-year-old has been handed the chance of a fresh start at the Britannia Stadium after impressing new Stoke manager Mark Hughes, who in May was appointed as successor to Tony Pulis. Press Association Hughes told www.stokecityfc.com: “I’ve admired Jermaine from afar and there is no question about his ability. “I am looking to introduce more creativity and attacking options to the side, qualities Jermaine can certainly offer us. “I had a very positive meeting with him and it’s now up to him to show everyone what he is capable of doing.”
THE West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and the University of the West Indies (UWI), through the Caribbean Institute of Media and Communications (CARIMAC), yesterday signed aMemorandum of Understanding for five bursaries to begin September 2017.The five bursaries are being named in honour of five Caribbean media stalwarts – the late Roy Lawrence and Tony Cozier; Tony Becca, Headley Samuels and Joseph ‘Reds’ Perreira.Head of CARIMAC, Professor Hopeton Dunn, says the programme is geared towards assisting students, with a specific interest in cricket, as they pursue further education in Media/Communications programmes to include undergraduate studies in Integrated Marketing Communication, Journalism (Radio, Television, Print and Online) and Digital Media Production. This relationship is for three years.He also noted that the MOU has prompted CARIMAC to add two new courses in the short term – Cricket Commentary and Analytics and Sport Culture and Caribbean Media, which are expected to begin in the new academic year.WICB president Dave Cameron said the initiative demonstrates the board’s commitment to the continued development of the sport in the region.“The investment is for US$150 000 over the period and the students who get selected for the bursaries will have access to work experience in WICB’s international and regional series and with other partners where applicable,” said WICB president Dave Cameron.“It was important that two of the oldest Caribbean institutions’ partnering for such an important programme is a signal of the commitment of the WICB to continue to facilitate the growth of cricket across the region. Education forms part of that role.”The selection criteria for the programme have been prepared and the five students will be selected shortly.
TAROUBA, Trinidad, (CMC )– Windward Islands Volcanoes wrapped up a disappointing Super50 Cup campaign on a high note when they beat United States by 12 runs here Saturday night.Choosing to bat at the Brian Lara Stadium, Volcanoes rallied to 264 all out with four balls left in the innings with veteran opener Devon Smith getting 45, Alick Athanaze scoring 40 and Keron Cottoy chipping in with 35.Fast bowler Rusty Theron (3-48) and left-arm seamer Saurabh Netravalkar (3-60) both finished with three wickets apiece as Volcanoes slipped from a strong position of 170 for three in the 35th over to lose their last seven wickets for 94 runs.In reply, United States got a top score of 71 from former West Indies star Xavier Marshall but other than for Aaron Jones with 37, the batting group failed to show any enterprise and they came up short in the 46th over.Cottoy completed a strong all-round display when he picked up three for 38 with his leg spin while left-arm spinners Larry Edward (2-46) and Kavem Hodge (2-50), along with speedster Shermon Lewis (2-43), all finished with three wickets each.The result was of academic importance only as both teams were already out of the running for semi-final places. For Volcanoes, the win was only their second in eight games and it saw them finish on 10 points while United States lost for the sixth time in seven outings to end bottom of Group B.Left-hander Smith, who struck seven fours in a 50-ball knock, put on 68 off 64 balls for the first wicket with Desron Maloney whose 31 came from 30 balls included five fours and a six.When both fell in a three-wicket slide for 50 runs, Athanaze and Cottoy anchored half-century stands to help the innings recover. First, Athanaze posted 52 for the fourth wicket with Emmanuel Stewart (29) before Cottoy put on a further 62 for the seventh wicket with Ryan John who made 28.The US were then languishing at 19 for two in the fourth over before Marshall and Jones combined in an 82-run stand third wicket stand to halt the slide.Marshall faced 94 deliveries and counted three fours and four sixes while Jones supported with four fours in a 62-ball innings.Jones’s departure in the 23rd over signalled the start of the US decline, however, and late efforts from Theron (29) and Karima Gore (23) went in vain.
Ahead of this evening’s encounter at the refurbished Enyimba International stadium, both teams have being involved mind game in the media following the inability of the visiting team to be open their traveling details thus creating an impression of a frosty relationship between the two sides.But this evening, mind game will take the back stage as Nigeria’s most successful club on the continent attempts to continue their goal run in the second tier African club competition after the 5-1 aggregate win over Rayon Sports at the quarter final stage.While Enyimba fans are looking forward to another impressive scoreline from the players, the Elephants must be wary of the fact that the Magreb side holds an intimidating record to have scored more goals so far in this installment.Raja FC under Juan Carlos Garrido have scored more goals than any team so far in the tournament. In the group phase, they scored 14 goals with 13 of them Aduana Stars of Ghana and ASEC Mimosas of Côte ‘d Ivoire to top the group A.The conceded just five goals in the phase thus showed that Enyimba FC attack must be very sharp tonight if they hoped to get the best from the home advantage bequest on them in the first leg.Coach Usman Abdulahi must also be wary of counter attack threat of the Moroccans who so far this season also owned the best away record in the competition.Specifically, Mahmoud Benhalib is the player to watch following his impressive goal run so far in the competition. The 22 years old supporting striker has recorded seven out of the 14 goals scored by his team in the group phase and also three more in the qualification stage.With an intimidating record of 11 goals so far in this installment, Enyimba FC defense line need to be extra careful against any slip that could give the visiting team an away goal advantage before the return leg in Casablanca.Two other players that Enyimba need to be wary about are Zakaria Hadraf and Mouhcine Iajour, with the duo boasting of a combined 10 continental goals. They also have history of delivering for Morocco against Nigeria in the African Nations Championship.Hadraf scored twice in the 4-0 victory in the 2018 CHAN final on home soil. Iajour, for his part, scored in the Atlas Lions’ 4-3 extra time quarter-final defeat to the Super Eagles during the 2014 edition in South Africa.On paper, Raja Casablanca might be the favourites to make it to the final but there is a bit of comfort in knowing that Enyimba had the better of them during the group phase of the 2011 Champions League.The People’s Elephant beat them 2-0 thanks to strikes from Uche Kalu and Chidozie Johnson before sealing a goalless draw in Casablanca, with the Nigeria giants topping Group A while Raja finished bottom of the pile.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram CAF CONFED CUPFemi SolajaNigeria’s sole survival in continental club competition, Enyimba FC look set to continue their fairy tale in the ongoing season as they attempt another stiff opposition from Raja Casablanca of Morocco.Although the Nigerian representative may have surpassed their expectation so far in the abridged domestic season, the clash against Raja FC perhaps is the greatest challenge they will tackle this season.
George, 29, hadn’t played organized five-on-five basketball since May, when he had the first of two procedures to repair a partially torn tendon in his right shoulder and, a month later, a small labrum tear in his left shoulder.The shoulder injuries hampered the 6-foot-8 small forward in the final two months of last season, and still he finished third in MVP voting, posting career bests in points (28), rebounds (8.2), assists (4.1) and steals (2.2) for the Oklahoma City Thunder.On one monumental evening in July, the Clippers agreed to a deal with Leonard, a free agent, and completed a blockbuster trade for George.To get him, the Clippers parted with second-year point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, veteran forward Danilo Gallinari and a record-setting collection of draft choices: four unprotected first-round picks (2022, 2024, 2026 and the 2021 pick the Clippers acquired from Miami), one lottery-protected first-round pick (2023, from Miami) and the right to swap picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025, according to reports.On Saturday, it all got real. PLAYA VISTA — The court shrunk Saturday for Paul George, the six-time All-Star wing who was cleared for full-on, five-on-five practice for the first time as a Clipper.“It felt good, to say the least,” said George, who’d been limited to three-on-three action as he recovered from offseason shoulder surgeries.Now the Palmdale native is expected to return to game action this week. Clippers coach Doc Rivers suggested there was an outside possibility that George’s debut could come as soon as Monday, when the Clippers (6-3) host the Toronto Raptors. Otherwise, the Clippers have games Wednesday at Houston (on ESPN) and Thursday at New Orleans.“I’m happy for him,” said Kawhi Leonard, the two-time NBA Finals MVP who wished to team with George. “He’s obviously out here at practice, touching bodies, get to go at him a little bit, so it was fun. It was fun at practice today.” Clippers vs. Mavericks Game 5 playoff updates from NBA beat reporters Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error New Clipper forward Patrick Patterson said earlier this week that, like everyone associated with the Clippers, he’s been eager to see George – with whom he played two seasons in OKC – back on the court.“I know what type of player he is, I know he’s vital key to our success and I know he wants to be out there, you can see it in his eyes,” said Patterson, who stands to see his 21.6 minutes per game decrease with George’s return. “Personally, I’m very excited, very happy and looking forward to it.”Rivers said he believes the Clippers’ makeup will allow the squad to absorb a talent like George without issue.“It’s a team,” Rivers said. “Anybody who thinks they’re going to keep their minutes and Paul’s not going to get them is probably not very rational, anyway, when you think about it. That’s why teams work, because you have to understand that.” Kristaps Porzingis ruled out as Clippers, Mavericks set for Game 5; Follow for game updates “I think some guys found out that he was on the floor today, I can say that,” said Rivers, who said he was impressed with George’s shooting, his execution of plays designed for him that the Clippers have been running, to less success, with other players – and by George’s stark competitiveness.“They lost the first scrimmage,” Rivers said of George’s full scrimmage debut as part of the second-teamers. “And you could see in the second scrimmage, he didn’t want to lose again even though he was on the second team. Those are good moments.”“We got our butts kicked the first game, but we won the second one,” George said. “For me, these dudes, they’re in in-season form and shape right now. I’m trying to catch up. So I got a little ways to go, but it was good to get my first one under me.”By George, is the man ready to go.“Honestly, it was tough,” said George of the months of rehab he’s had to endure. “I’ve been doing this since May, so, I’m tired of rehabbing. It sucks. But, you know, I’m here for the long run, I’m here for the long haul.“I know what the big picture is, so as much as I do want to get out here and wanted to practice and just get going.”George overcame significant injury before, after suffering a broken leg in 2014 while competing for a roster spot on the U.S. national team for the FIBA Basketball World Cup. He missed most of the 2014-15 season before returning to become an All-Star again in 2016, when he was a member of the Olympic gold medal-winning team.Related Articles For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum
The Blackhawks’ announcement came amid recent calls for other professional sports franchises, notably the NFL’s Redskins and MLB’s Indians and Braves, to change their nicknames. The Redskins are exploring a name change after public pressure from sponsors and one of the team’s owners. The Indians likewise are looking at options. The Braves are not considering a new name (per The Athletic), but they may consider not initiating the Tomahawk Chop chant.There has been much less clamor for the NFL’s Chiefs and NBA’s Warriors to change their names.”We recognize there is a fine line between respect and disrespect, and we commend other teams for their willingness to engage in that conversation,” the Blackhawks said in their statement. Chicago’s NHL team says it will not change its nickame or logo because both pay tribute to the person for whom the club is named.The Blackhawks said in a statement Tuesday (per the Chicago Sun-Times) that the team name honors Black Hawk, a member of Illinois’ Sac & Fox Nation, “whose leadership and life has inspired generations of Native Americans, veterans and the public.” “‘We celebrate Black Hawk’s legacy by offering ongoing reverent examples of Native American culture, traditions and contributions, providing a platform for genuine dialogue with local and national Native American groups,” the team added.Black Hawk died in 1838, almost 90 years before Chicago entered the NHL in 1926. The team’s original owner, Frederic McLaughlin, named the squad after his U.S. Army unit in World War I, the 86th Infantry Division, aka the Blackhawk Division. The division itself was named for Black Hawk.N’s NAME CHANGE OPTIONS FOR . . . Redskins | Indians